Why is it that in our family, only the men got the cleaning gene?
It is no secret that I do not care very much about making sure our home is sparkly clean. Sure, we have our house cleaned on a regular basis and I make sure it stays sanitary between cleaning visits. But I definitely do not have a knack for cleaning, as I honestly do not care to spend my (very litttle) free time endlessly scrubbbing surfaces until they shine. Sometime I wish I were more inclined to do this though, as cleaning deficiences definitely drives Scott nuts sometimes.
My lack of interest in this domestic task leaves me to wonder why only the men in the family are interested in cleaning. Once in a while Scott goes on a cleaning binge that puts me to shame, and recently I caught John doing the same thing!
Here is John cleaning the mirrors in the kids' bathroom. I was bathing Amelia at the time when John decided that he could take a washcloth and use the detangler spray (yes, that's a spray for the children's hair) to wash the mirrors. He took his task quite seriously, washing them over and over. The mirrors actually were not dirty, but what amazed me was that John saw the tools on the counter (or what he thought were the proper tools) and took the initiative on his own to begin cleaning. Then he had fun smiling and posing for the camera afterwards.
Below is a photo of Amelia, with her face painted from our church's carnival this weekend.
Below is John playing on the playground. The carnival was taking place in the park next door. I don't know why John was shy about the bounce house slide at the carnival, but he had a lot of fun playing on the playground while Amelia enjoyed the carnival rides.
No comments:
Post a Comment