I love Pumpkin Day! I enjoy the community-wide picnic event, where it is so much fun to meet up with other parents and their kids. Another plus is the fact that October is pretty much the best month for weather in Texas. The sunny skies and 60/70 degree temperatures make it completely enjoyable to spend an hour outdoors. I also find it a nice preamble to the candy/costumed-focused event of Halloween.But what I don't love is the drama surounding the preparation of the pumpkins. Thankfully in our household we adopt a low-key approach towards this event. We plan the types of pumpkins the kids will take and we invest a bit of time shopping for supplies and prepping them, but in my opinioin we don't go over the top. I simply don't possess the creative capacity to do much more than that (much less the tolerance for it).
So we started our prep on Wednesday night. We failed witih Amelia's pumpkin (it was supposed to be a bear) so we had to re-up on Thursday night with a back up. Thankfully Thursday night went much smoother than Wednesday night. Below is a photo of the children painting Amelia's pumpkin on Thursday night.
The finished product...Amelia's pumpkins were of a Ms. Pacman theme!
Below is John's class posing after their pumpkin walk. John (wearing a white shirt) is on the top row third from the left, with his face hidden behind the center pole on the staircase.
Below is a photo of Amelia with her BFF Lydia at the lunch picnic.
The plunger! The sign is addressed to the school custodian and says, "Dear Mr Gonzalez, If you have problems with the bathrooms and need help, please call Ben Abel. P.S. I didn't do it." Hahaha....



I LOVED Amelia and John's pumpkins!
ReplyDeleteLove that! What great ideas. Do you have in and out burger there that you got the cup?
ReplyDelete