We absolutely could not let another trip to Gainesville go by without a return trip to Satchel's! Conveniently, our plane landed at the airport around lunch time so we had "no choice" but to go to Satchel's for lunch.And guess what? We got to eat in the bus!
Eating in the bus thrilled the kids to no end. The weather last Thursday afternoon in Gainesville was breezy and comfortable so it was a nice treat to eat outside. And if the air temperature wasn't cool enough, John played with the fan inside the bus so much that the additional air movement felt great.
You've got to love an old abandoned bus decked out with dozens of strings of Christmas lights.
The lunch special at Satchel's is delicious! It consists of a bowl of yummy salad - several kinds of letttuce, apples, carrots, almonds, cheese , sunflower seeds, and homemade dressing - and a large slice of pizza, your choice of topping.
This is not our pizza (I grabbed this photo from Satchel's website so I could show how enormous the slices are), but I enjoyed a lovely slice topped with spinach.
After our meal in the bus, we browsed the grounds and found the wall of junk at the end of the parking lot. This area consisted of all kinds of broken appliances and toys and household objects, arranged colorfully inside a neat fence.
Bumper stickers along the wall outside of the kitchen inside. I love the atmosphere of this place, and the food is great too!
This is not our pizza (I grabbed this photo from Satchel's website so I could show how enormous the slices are), but I enjoyed a lovely slice topped with spinach.
After our meal in the bus, we browsed the grounds and found the wall of junk at the end of the parking lot. This area consisted of all kinds of broken appliances and toys and household objects, arranged colorfully inside a neat fence.
Bumper stickers along the wall outside of the kitchen inside. I love the atmosphere of this place, and the food is great too!
Amelia loved trying to make Henry laugh.
Friday morning we met Laura's family at a local park. My dad and Laura (a former high school volleyball player) helped Amelia with her serving and bumping skills for volleyball. Notice Henry (in the blue shirt) trying to help too!

Loved the pictures of all the kids!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures Wendy. Some of those probably need to make it into the calendar this year.
ReplyDelete