Remember how John lost a tooth last Wednesday evening and I forgot to play tooth fairy that evening? Well, wouldn't you know that John lost another tooth on Friday evening. It went down like this.
John accidentally hit the tooth against furniture in the living room Friday night and it started bleeding immediately. John was complaining of pain, and when I asked him how wiggly the bleeding tooth was he answered "very". Scott then told him that the tooth would need to be removed before his Saturday morning basketball game because "he didn't want a loose tooth to distract him from playing his best game". So then Scott ordered me to pull the tooth. I said "no way, basketball is not going to dictate when John loses his tooth. Let's let this come out on its own." And then John reached his hand in his mouth, yanked hard on the tooth, and said, "I'll just get it myself. Done."
Wow. And now John looks like this.
Lovely! John looks like he is growling but really this was an attempt at a very wide smile that would show off the gaping hole in his mouth. And so did I remember to play tooth fairy? Yes, but with a second chance at 4:00 a.m. when I woke in the middle of the night to use the restroom early Saturday morning. I can't believe I almost forgot again before going to bed but am so thankful I could make it happen in time. All I want for Christmas next year is a working memory.
Amelia wrote the most adorable story last week. Amelia loves to write short stories but she doesn't share them with me often. Last week Amelia shared with me that she was starting to use a website called "quizilla" where kids can write stories and quizzes for other people to read or take and then comment on them. This website looks innocent enough but I'll continue to watch over her shoulder when she is sites like this to make sure she isn't getting into trouble.
The first photo is a screen shot of the story with the text typed as she wrote it below blown up to a larger font size.
Leo
Created by StarMoon4529
Based on my kitten, Leo.
Created by StarMoon4529 on
Saturday, January 12, 2013
"Merrow!"Leo sprang onto my bed with his powerful
hind legs. Wow, I thought to myself. I had no idea my kitten could do such a
thing. I snached the laser-pointer off my dresser and shone the light on the
carpeted floor. Leo immidiatly fell into its trance. He chased after it, tail
high in the air. I laughed. "You silly boy!" I cooed. He sprang into
m lap. When I started to pet him, he purred as if he had a signal to. He acted
so young, just llike I did. I'm nine years old, but acted like I was five. Leo
is 3 1/2 and acted like, well, his age. Loe's purring interupted my thoughts.
"You've got a loud moter, don't you?" I asked. He mewed in response.
Again, his eyes transfixed on the dot. I waved it, and Leo's head followed it.
Just a typicail Saterday with my cat, I thought.

I love that John just yanked it out. Amelia is a very good writer.
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed with Amelia's choice of words! She has a great vocabulary for someone so young!
ReplyDelete