As I mentioned before, it was John's idea to make the kitten that Scott had approved for Amelia his gift to her. Though I initially thought that John should give Amelia a real live kitten on Christmas morning, my mom talked me out of that idea and suggested that perhaps instead John should give Amelia toys for the kitten and a "certificate" that she could use to select her own pet.
Turns out my mom was spot on with this recommendation. John had a blast selecting the toys and Amelia loved selecting Leo, who is just the right pet for her. What on earth would I have done with a kitten for two days in my house (hiding it from the children) before Christmas anyway?
So this is how things played out on Christmas morning. John had created a package of four wrapped items for Amelia, which were labelled with #1-4. The first three packages contained cat toys and the fourth was an envelope that contained a message from John.
Below Amelia is about to open the first package. John is overseeing the opening, clearly interested in how she interprets the first packages that would be opened before the note.
And...Amelia realizes that she has just opened a toy for a cat. It is a green felt mouse attached to a plastic pole (which coincidentally is one of Leo's favorite toys). I think she looks puzzled yet intrigued here.
The third package contained a package of plastic balls filled with bells. From Amelia's smile below I bet she knew what was going on!
The letter ("certificate") from John was in the fourth envelope and I typed the text below the photo since the photo is blurry.
Dear Amelia, This note is good for a kitten. You get to pick it out! Merry Christmas! Love,
John.
So. cute. And Amelia absolutely loved it!
And the kids still adore Leo and all is good.
This last photo is from Christmas day hours after the gift opening was complete. I forgot to post it earlier. Can you believe that we had that much snow, when the weathermen were predicting a flurry, if we were lucky?
It wasn't much (1-2 inches), but I am impressed that after living in Dallas for seven Christmas days we have experienced two white Christmases. Statistically they do not come often, but we have sure enjoyed each one!
No comments:
Post a Comment