Monday, May 14, 2012

More scenes from Mexico

I uploaded a bunch of photos from our trip to Mexico the week after we returned, which was in mid-April. But then the end of semester craziness that comes with completing classes, holding endless office hours, grading 140 student exams, counseling students about good/bad grades, and completing end of year assessments hit. My life felt like a crazy whirlwind for several weeks.
But I am all done with that now! The grades have been submitted and the emails have (finally) subsided. And while I usually have to work most weeknights when I am teaching, I am thrilled to have amy one hour of downtime (once kids are in bed and before I retire) back to myself each evening. So let's return to paradise for a few more memories.

We found a whole lot of tackiness the evening we went into the town of Puerto Vallarta.
But the beachside bar was fun to hang out in to watch the sunset.I tried to eat guacamole every day when we were in Mexico. I just couldn't get enough. So. good.


Notice the merchants selling jewelry and various items on the sidewalks next to the beach in town. Most of the items were legitimate souveniers, but we were approached once by a man asking if we wanted to purchase drugs. He went from selling jewelry to asking if we wanted heroin? Cocaine? Marijuana? No, gracias. If all the travels I have experienced around the world, I believe this was the first time I was ever asked if I wanted to purchase drugs.



Great architecture on the church in the middle of town.





On our last full day in PV we went on an ATV tour of the hills outside of town. Scott drove most of the way, but I got to drive a bit after he relinquished the keys after his tequila tasting. Does anyone else find it odd that they gave the tasters a couple of shots of tequila (Scott only, I don't drink tequila) when we were many miles outside of town, then letting the solo drivers back on the expensive and dangerous ATVs?


This was my view for most of the ride.Getting out of town and seeing the dusty hillsides was really interesting.Back to paradise, poolside at our resort.








We were blessed to enjoy gorgeous sunsets and spectacular weather the whole time we were in Mexico. The people were lovely, the food was devine, and we enjoyed very fun adventures on this spectacular trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment