Happy Easter 2012!
We started off our Easter morning with a nice family church service. The children's lesson was great and I think Amelia (mostly) and John (some) are finally starting to understand the Easter message.

But of course there is equal attention on the non-Christian part of Easter from these kids too. After church Amelia and John raced around the backyard gathering eggs. They definitely RACED around! Each and every picture I snapped was blurry in some sense. Below are the best of the shots, which isn't saying much.


Checking out the goods. The easter bunny brought coins, rolos and M&Ms this year.

And he/she also brought an Easter basket for each child.

Amelia's basket: Tyler's t-shirt, wipe-off game board, chocolate bunny, chocolate peanut butter eggs, blow up balloon rockets and Sponge Bob Mad-Libs.

John's basket: Rusty Taco t-shirt, sports-themed wipe-off game board, same chocolate, same balloon blaster and Star Wars Lego Mad-Libs.

I don't know which item was their favorite, but the $1.99 balloon rocket blasters from the trinkets bin at Michaels were certainly a hit. Amelia and John drove me crazy with the high-pitched squeaking sound of letting the air out of the balloons as they flew all afternoon on Sunday. And since it was raining outside we got to enjoy that lovely goodness inside the house. I have no one to blame for the irritation but myself since I was the selector of the basket goods, but oh my was I about to go crazy.
Glad the kids enjoyed themselves though! We topped off the day with a delicious meal. Scott prepared roast beef with a delicious red wine gravy, and I made mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, and popovers.
Mmmmm popovers. Loved those at Xmas. Nice baskets.
ReplyDelete