Thursday, March 29, 2012

Beach morning

Amelia wrote the very sweet note to herself after our first day of spring break in Florida. I love her enthusiasm that is expressed through this recollection of her day! Too bad she put Tampa up in the panhandle of the state. Oh well. She did get much of the state correct, though, which is impressive.

To me, this is one of the most beautiful sights ever.


A gorgeous March morning on Florida's fine Gulf Coast. Not a cloud in the sky, the weather was just about perfect, we were sitting on gorgeous white sand beaches, and were surrounded by families and friends outside enjoying the bright sunshine. Doesn't get much better than this, folks.

Amelia and John spent over two hours building a sand castle on the beach. They loved it! Grandma helped/supervised the kids with their effort, and later grandma remarked that the kids played especially well together because "Amelia put herself in charge and John accepted it." Well said, grandma!


Check out the huge sandcastle below! Amelia and John were so proud of their hard work.



Siesta Key has got to be one of the most beautiful beaches in Florida. I loved our morning on the beach and I know that the children did too.


Thanks grandma and grandpop for joining us! It was a fun morning.

1 comment:

  1. I think she must have meant Tallahassee rather than Tampa. :)

    ReplyDelete