This is the hallway leading off the dining room and down to the kids' rooms. Notice the small boards leaning against the wall on the floor outside of Amelia's room on the right.

These are Amelia's bulletin boards, which she just placed outside of her room this week. I don't know why the boards made an appearance this week or where she got the idea from, but they are totally cute.
Below is a close up of today's group of boards. The detail on the middle board and the left/right boards change daily, so I am told. Close-up photos from left to right are below the photo of the trio.

From left to right, first we have the state card for North Carolina.

Amelia has two boxes of factual cards, one for the states of the United States of America and one for the presidents of the U.S. Amelia told me that she is posting one card from each box "as they shake out each day". So I suppose today's card that shook from the box was for North Carolina. Yesterday was the first day of this board business, and the state of the day was Texas. I assumed that was intentional but Amelia's story says that it was a coincidence.
The item in the middle is a magnetic board designed to hold jewelry for young girls. Amelia received this jewelry board as a birthday gift last month from one of her friends. The scraps of paper attached to the board state, "News bulleten", "Cat's cradle tricks here FREE!", "Trip next Saturday!", and "Have a fabulous day!" . Amelia told me these were her announcements for the day. Totally love this.

Then on the right we have the card that shook out from the box of cards for U.S. Presidents. Apparently President Harrison wanted to pay us a visit today. I need to go read this card to learn about his presidency. Scott is the history buff in this family. I really have forgotten all thatI learned prior to college.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow's cards bring! I wonder how long Amelia will keep this up.
Her form of a blog maybe?
ReplyDelete