Sunday, April 28, 2013

Lately

Our weekends this spring are packed with the kids' activities, so sports games/practices/extra-curriculars seem to be all-encompassing right now. Below are some photos from recent events.

Amelia participated in the children's handbell choir at our church this year for the third year in a row. Amelia seems to genuinely enjoy handbell choir and I am glad that she likes it (she stopped participating in singing choir last year, much to my disappointment). I think there is something in sync with the mathematical/logical orientation of Amelia's brain and the logic/beats involved in reading music that captures her attention with handbell choir. I know this photo is not the best (it was hard to take a good photo from my place in the audience), but at least it shows Amelia in deep concentration during the end-of-year performance held tonight at our church.


John just finished the flag football sports season and now he is wrapping up soccer and beginning baseball. John is returning with the same baseball team from last year - the Yankees - coached by a wonderful man (Coach Don) with a roster filled with boys from loving, sports-oriented families. I LOVE baseball season, maybe more than any other sport, because I know that John is gaining excellent experience in a high-quality coaching environment on a team with other sports-oriented boys like him. 

This week was the team's third game, and the Yankees won again. What a great season so far! This week was John's first time playing catcher - a position he doesn't really like - but he looks so cute in the uniform that I couldn't help but capture the moment on film.


At bat...Go #13!

Hamming it up for mom's camera in the dougout.


Little boys in baseball uniforms are the cutest - with John being the best of all, of course! :-) I am looking forward to many more enjoyable moments on the baseball field in the months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment