Amelia chose to study Marie Curie for her third grade biography project. Amelia has been hard at work completing the assignments related to this project for the past several weeks. The kids had to complete fact notecards, create a digital scrapbook, and memorize a short speech about their famous person. I particularly liked the fact that each child was required to read at least one book (which must have been checked out from the library. I love it!) and they couldn't just use the internet as the source to find their information.Today the children held the "living wax museum" where parents and older kids from the school were invited to browse amongst the famous people (in costume) and listen to their speeches. The kids were spaced down the hallway on their chairs, just as if they were statues in a museum.
Amelia is towards the right in the photo below.
That is a really neat idea! But I'm with Amelia - it would get old repeating it so often!
ReplyDelete