Robin moved from Florida to Greenville about two years ago. When she wrote about how much fun she was having with her new life in South Carolina, I basically invited myself out for a weekend visit. What a good (greedy?) friend I am! I had such a good time with Robin!
I arrived on Friday and we spent some of the afternoon making preparations for our Saturday adventure (this deserves its own post, which will come soon). I got to visit with Robin's 12 year-old daughter Kiersten (what a lovely lady!) and then Robin's fiance Bryan after he came home from work. I had really been looking forward to meeting Bryan (a.k.a. Skippy) and I quickly discovered that he is a great guy and a perfect match for Robin.
Robin and Bryan took me downtown to a Belgian pub, The Trappe Door, for dinner. Below is a photo of Robin and Bryan outside - aren't they a lovely couple? And yes, Bryan wears Clemson orange all.the.time. (it suits him well!).
We enjoyed a delicious meal of upscale Belgian pub fare (for me: beef stew with salad and the most delicious Belgian fries with dipping sauces on the planet), and we may have had a few of these.After breakfast on Sunday morning I explored Robin's picturesque backyard, absorbing the beautiful fall colors still on the leaves on the trees. The landscape surrounding her house is amazing! I feel like I should be accustomed to strong fall colors after living in North Carolina for five years, but I honestly don't remember an area looking as overwhelmingly yellow/orange/rust/red as Greenville did this weekend.

Before we had to leave for the airport, Jill took me to Mast General Store, where we had fun selecting souveneirs for Scott and the kids. I definitely felt like I was in the deep south in this store.
How blessed I feel to have spent time with close friends and family that I have not seen in way too many years. Thanks, Robin and Jill! I had a fantastic weekend and it was great to see you both!

Awesome picture of you and Jill!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a blast. Glad you had a great trip.
ReplyDelete