Saturday, September 3, 2011

Last photos from Jackson Hole

It's been two weeks since we returned home and I am still reminiscing about our vacation in Jackson Hole. Can you tell that I wish we could have stayed out west longer?

Below are a few photos that I wanted to share that didn't make it into any of the other posts.

First, Amelia and John with the elk arches in the town square. The square has one arch on each corner of the square...four total. That's a lot of elk antlers!

The photo below was taken just before the Jackson Hole rodeo. The kids had been to a rodeo in Forth Worth several years ago but I don't think they knew what to expect from this. We all enjoyed watching the cowboys rope and run the horses and cows. We saw cow roping, horse and bull bucking contests, barrel racing, and sheep bucking (the kids were the cowboys with the sheep bucking!).Our most notable wildlife viewing during this trip was seeing a mother and baby moose. The animals were less than 30 feet from us along the side of the road. Seeing the animals must have made quite an impression because Amelia wrote about them in her writing journal at school this week.We also went on the alpine slide in town.
This year, for the first time, Amelia rode on her own and I shared a slide with John. Thankfully Scott avoided crashing his slide this year so intense medical intervetion was not needed.
And on our last day in Jackson Hole we took the kids mini-golfing with grandma and grandpop. Where else in the world can you engage in miniature golfing underneath active chairlifts (which are taking passengers up the mountain to the alpine slide) on the side of a mountain?It was fitting that we spent our last night at the Snake River Brewery! We drank and ate at Snake River three of the seven nights we were in Wyoming and we never grew tired of it. We love the atmosphere of the restaurant, the fresh beer, and the yummy food.





I am crossing our fingers that we have an excuse to return to Jackson Hole next year! We had originally planned to spend a huge chunk of our vacation money this year taking the kids to Disney (they've never been there!) at Thanksgiving, but late in the game we decided that a week in the mountains sounded like a better fit for our family.



I am SO happy with our decision! Love the awesome week in Jackson Hole and am still cherishing the memories.










No comments:

Post a Comment