Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring is here

Spring is here! One week after the four-inch snowfall and we are back to 70 degree days with lots of sunshine. The tulips are blooming - my favorite! - and life is good. My only regret is not planting any tulip bulbs this year, so I have to enjoy the hard work of others in local parks and on my neighbors' lawns. John and I took a quick trip to the little park around the block this evening, and these are the beautiful tulips we found there.

I wanted a more memorable shot of spring flowers so I decided to include John in the photo. He actually cooperated with me for a change in that I got a decent shot (love it!), but I also have a dozen where he is making the fake-smile smirk that we have seen over and over again for the last month. Anyway, doesn't John look all grown up here? Scott and he went shopping on Friday for "exercise clothes", and ever since John hasn't wanted to take off his Under armour "stretchy shorts and shirts" because he is in love with them. I think he looks rather handsome and athletic in these mature outfits. And then there are the lovely Crocs. We all know how I feel about the Crocs, even though the kids are crazy about them.
Amelia got to try ice skating for the first time this weekend and she did great with it! A classmate celebrated his birthday at a local ice skating rink, and Amelia bravely embraced her first opportunity to skate in ice. I was proud of her and she had a great time!

Lastly, a few shots of the kids joking around last night before bed. Amelia and John were both way-too-wound-up, very hyper and hesitant to go to bed. Of course they had both been up since 6:30 a.m. (early for them!), been to soccer, ballet, ice skating, playing in the backyard, etc. all day, so of course they were exhausted but still they fought the need to go to bed. Scott was preparing yummy grilled steaks and we had just opened a nice bottle of red wine so we put them to bed before 8:00. And quite predictably, both were fast asleep within minutes. Bliss for mom and dad!
Below John is back to his normal "I will ruin all of mommy's pictures" self, and Amelia looks like a (cute!) bag lady with her two missing front teeth. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment