Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pools

I decided that this weekend should be all about swimming. My reasoning is as follows: it's July, we live in Texas, and the daily high temperatures routinely hover around 100 degrees. That calls for liquid relief. We haven't felt victimized by the extreme heat that much since we have been traveling quite often this summer, but honestly we needed some pool time just about now. While Scott was away this weekend in Miami, the kids and I had a VERY relaxing time enjoying our local pools.

It started on Friday evening, when we journeyed to our local community pool immediately after I picked up the children from school. I retrieved a cooler from home that I had stocked with drinks and fruit, then stopped to pick up a pizza on the way, and were soon lounging poolside with dinner and entertainment in hand. Amelia ran into a few classmates from school and consequently I had some adult parents to engage in conversation while the kiddos played. Much fun was had by all!



Today was Saturday and Amelia was gone for much of the afternoon on an extended playdate. So John and I took advantage of our time alone to enjoy the pools at SMU. First we went to the outdoor splash pool (a.k.a. the bikini-clad sorority girls' tanning pool) where John delighted in splashing in the cool water and playing in the waterfalls. Then we retreated indoors where John practiced kicking and worked on swimming skills with me.

We have been enjoying our pool time! I hope tomorrow will bring more fun for us outdoors....

No comments:

Post a Comment