Amelia lost her second tooth on Sunday. This tooth had been wiggly for weeks and was long overdue to fall out. This tooth fell out while Amelia was swimming in the indoor pool at SMU with Scott and John on Sunday afternoon, and Amelia proudly showed me the missing slot in her mouth when I saw her about 20 minutes after it happened. Amelia did not have the tooth itself, however, because it had slipped into the water and was somewhere in the pool (oops!). Scott creatively improvised and told Amelia that she could put a button under her tooth fairy pillow in place of the tooth so that the tooth fairy would know that she had lost it, so Amelia didn't seem to care at all that she did not have the tooth in hand.
Once again Amelia left a note for the tooth fairy next to her pillow when she went to bed Sunday night. Amelia's first note to the tooth fairy was very sweet and expressed her love for the fairy. This note was less emotional and was more direct and to the point:
"Dear tooth fairy,
I lost my tooth today in the pool. My mom thot it went down the drain. Will you still give me mony?
Your friend,
Amelia"
I think Amela was still excited to loose a tooth, though this time it was more about the cash (as evidenced by her note). I don't quite understand why the money was so important, as Amelia rarely spends her money. She used to say that she was saving her money to buy furniture for her house when she is older (long story to explain where I think that thought comes from), even though I routinely explain that it is OK to spend a few dollars when she wants a new book or small toy. In any case, the tooth fairy brought her five dollars again, so Amelia was a happy girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment