At the end of July, Amelia, John and I spent a fun-filled week in southwestern Virginia with family. The goal of the trip was to spend time with the Boekenoogens (my sister Laura, brother-in-law John, and nephews Jack and Henry) and my parents, who have been working all summer at an RV park in Hillsville, Virginia. The week blossomed into an opportunity to spend time with dozens of extended family members who traveled from out of state to visit with all of us. The entire week was fabulous!
Given that tomorrow is the first day of school for Amelia and John (I need to go to bed on time for once!), but that I really want to share some Virginia photos, I'll post some highlights here. I promise to come back to explain more about our fun adventures during our week in Virginia.
The deck and view from our rental cabin in Fancy Gap, Virginia. Gorgeous!
Obligatory photo of kids with Fancy Gap community sign.
Riding the water slides at the RV park was one of the kids' favorite activities. Jack, John, and Amelia below.
Henry!
Celebrating the recent awarding of Uncle John's Ph.D!
Riding the Virginia Creeper bike trail.
Celebration for mom and dad's 45th Anniversary in our cabin. Fun times!
Such a great trip. Love seeing the pictures again and again.
ReplyDelete