I took a screen shot of the photo below, so you may have to click on the image to read the fine print.
Congratulations are in order for Scott! After almost 16 long years paying his dues and remaining dedicated to the public accounting profession, Scott was promoted to the position of Director with Deloitte this week. This promotion is long overdue and one that Scott is ready for. Our close family and friends know the anguish and stress that comes with having a family member work through long busy season cycles per year, so I am glad (and Scott should be glad too) that all of his hard work eventually paid off with some recognition.
As some of you know, Scott worked with PWC for most of his career, but left to work with Deloitte about two years ago. One of the main reasons for his departure was that Deloitte promoted to the Director level, which was not an option with PWC. As a Director (from what I understand), Scott will be (hopefully) less involved in the drudgery chores associated with public accounting and will have more client-service responsibilities and more opportunities for leadership positions within the firm. In fact, Scott has already taken on a leadership role mentoring younger staff members who are from Deloitte's India offices. Scott has some funny stories about the Indian guys - ask him sometime for a laugh!
Scott is a very shy and humble person, especially when it comes to work, so he would likely never mention this promotion in passing. So I am here to announce this honor for him, and to express how proud I am of Scott for reaching his professional goal.
Congratulations, Scott! You deserve this recognition and I am proud of you!

That's awesome!! Way to go, Scott!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Scott!
ReplyDelete