I am writing this post to keep up with accountability for my exercise routine. As I wrote back in April, the record-keeping aspect of my fitness plan in 2013 has really helped to push me on days when I need the extra motivation. I still love tracking my running mileage and the bookkeeping aspect is inspiring most of the time.
Running totals for the second quarter were:
April - 116.8
May - 123.4
June - 100.8
Second Q Total - 341
Year-to-date - 645.4
Highlights for the second quarter included running more than in the first quarter (nice spring weather in Texas helped!), running a fun and inspiring half marathon in May, and completing another 8-week round of Best Body Bootcamp (BBB). Since BBB ended a month ago I have been cross-training through recycled BBB routines from my past experiences and experimenting with different Bodypump-style group fitness classes at the gym.
I am happy with the above numbers and will continue to record my mileage because it helps me a lot For example, see how June was 100.8 miles? That is not a coincidence, I really pushed myself on my last workout in June to break the 100+ mileage goal in June even though I was really tired and sore that day. With the summer Texas heat upon us now I have a feeling that the running numbers will stay on the lower side, though my goal will remain running 100+ miles per month. I have been trying to run between 6-8 miles outside a few times a week just to keep up my endurance and not feel defeated by the heat, but with temperatures in the 80s at 6:00 a.m. that is becoming less appealing. Yesterday I ran in the gym because I didn't want to feel the oppressive heat.
Last thing I like about recording mileage? I can see what the number of miles translates into from a geographical perspective. 645 miles is about the distance from Dallas to St. Louis, Missouri! I don't know where I am going with this virtual running all over the globe, but saying I have run from Texas to Missouri so far this year sounds cool to me.
With all the above stated, we are off on vacation until July 8. I will likely run very few miles during this trip and instead will prefer finding ways to stay active through our family trip activities (walks along the coast of Maine and through downtown Boston sound like an awesome break from running!). I am totally fine with this and will catch up on July when we are back in Texas. Now, off to enjoy our family vacation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great job! It's hot and humid here but yeah, you've got a whole other level of it. :)
ReplyDelete