Monday, June 17, 2013

Scenes from the Nasher

When Scott's parents were in town for a visit last month we enjoyed a fun Sunday outing to the Nasher Sculpture Center. Located in the downtown arts district, the Nasher is a renowned museum completely devoted to art sculptures. 

While the Nasher gets a lot of acclaim for its outdoor garden, there were over a dozen pieces on display indoors as well. 


And while I wouldn't necessarily say that modern sculptures are my favorite type of art, I really enjoyed our visit to the Nasher because it was a fun and different activity for us. Viewing sculpture is enjoyable to me, and since I don't know what to make of the modern structures most of the time I feel like it's enough just to relax and appreciate what the artist might have been thinking when he/she was creating the piece.




Towards the end of our visit to the garden, Scott decided it would be funny to ask John to replicate the poses of some of the sculptures. I don't know who was laughing more - Scott, for thinking of the funny ideas, or John, for being game to embarrassing himself in the garden like this, or the rest of the group, for laughing at John and Scott laughing at each other.




And that is how the Wilsons visit the Nasher.

P.S. Despite my inner-desires to have our family behave more civilized in public, I will admit that this was funny, probably more so than the pictures depict.

1 comment:

  1. John may not have "appreciated" the art like you had planned- but I bet the experience will be remembered for a long, long time. Sounds like a fun outing.

    ReplyDelete