Monday, July 9, 2012

Matheson Hammock

Scott and the kids spent the week before last in Miami visiting with Scott's family. I joined them on Thursday and we all spent the next two days in Miami together before departing for our Wilson family cruise. I will have many stories about the cruise to share in future posts, but first I'll share some photos of our fun afternoon at a park close to Scott's parents' house.

Matheson Hammock Park is a quiet park with boat ramps, walking and biking trails, and a small beach area located on the water. I enjoy Matheson a lot because it provides easy access to the beach (for the kids) with beautiful ocean views (for me). I am so appreciative of having the opportunity to sit by the water and enjoy the ocean breeze since 99% of my time is spent in a very hot land-locked city in Texas. It is so pleasant for me to sit in the sand and fondly recall the few years I spent living alone on Miami Beach when I was fresh out of college. Back then I could walk four blocks from my tiny apartment and sit in the sand and feel the breeze whenever I wanted. Now, engaging in the same activity requires a lot more effort.

Below John and my borther-in-law Chris are enjoying the small pool of water that feeds off the ocean into the beach area. Chris and his girlfriend Hazel were kind enough to engage the children in their favorite beach activity - building a sand castle. Below is the finished product. Great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment