Saturday, February 11, 2012

Am I Insane?

This was in my email inbox on Tuesday morning:

Dear Wendy Wilson:

Congratulations!You are officially registered for the 34th Cowtown Marathon!

The Adults 5K, Kids 5K & 10K will be held on Saturday, February 25, 2012.The Ultra Marathon, Full Marathon & UNTHSC Half Marathon will be held on Sunday, February 26, 2012.

OK, so I signed up to run my second marathon a few weeks ago. After long-considering an early spring marathon, I registered for the Fort Worth Cowtown Marathon. I have been largely training for a marathon since late November, and I decided to pull the plug and register to make my efforts more official last Monday night. I don't know why I have such trepidation over actually registering for a race, but for some reason I wait to pull the trigger until the last minute.

Today was our last long run, and I am glad that the 22.25 I ran this morning is over and done with. We have had a mild winter this year, but today was the coldest morning in Dallas thus far and the 10 degree wind-chill temps at the lake were no fun at 6:00 a.m. But we did it, and that is a good feeling. I ran 18 in December, 20 a few weeks ago, 22+ this morning, and multiple 12+ runs in between, so technically I should be good to go. Time to taper and pray for lots of stamina and good luck on the big day two weeks from now.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! You're going to be great! Way to get the 22 in!

    ReplyDelete