Thursday, December 9, 2010

First week of December

The first week of December brings two things: the breakfast with Santa event at John's preschool and ballet observation day at Amelia's studio. Below are photos from both of these events.



I enjoyed attending the breakfast with Santa with John, though this year it made me realize just how much has changed with my children over the last few years. My children are not a bit afraid of Santa (unlike many of the younger preschool-aged kids at John's school). John was happy to strut right up to Santa and talk his ear off about all the things he wants for Christmas. I may have been imagining it, but the older gentleman who volunteered for the job looked a bit perplexed by John's confidence and savvy at telling Santa exactly what he wanted for Christmas! The other thing that struck me was just how big John looked next to Santa. I mean - look at his legs - John looks almost as tall as Santa! Photos of children sitting on Santa's lap are really cute when they are itty-bitty. Not quite as adorable when the child is just about as tall as Santa himself!

I absolutely love the fact that Amelia takes ballet lessons. Amelia attends a very old-fashioned ballet studio that reminds me so much of the place where I took lessons for over a dozen years growing up. Every December the teachers hold an open house where the parents are invited to stay for the class to watch the children take a lesson. I love this day and look forward to it every year.


Concentrating hard...


My Amelia is getting so big and she carries herself well. She is poised and lovely, if I can say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment