I don't know whose idea it was, but I caught Amelia and John playing "beauty parlor" on Saturday. Amelia set it all up, complete with nail painting and lip gloss for both children. Amelia even went so far as to put newspaper in the ground beneath her work area - what a good girl! - and they asked me to set the kitchen timer for a few minutes so they could let their nails dry before getting up.
I know that Scott will be mortified by this evidence of his little boy having glittery pink nail polish applied to his nails, but I think the scene is so sweet that I wanted to share it anyway. John was so proud of himself for following Amelia's directions and for having shiny nails. And Amelia was a great big sister by being patient and sweet with John and for sharing her polish with him. I've shared stories about the kiddos' adventures in dressing up together before, and this event reminded me of the (more rare now) dress up days. John loves playing with Amelia so much that he will pretty much do anything to get her attention.
Below is the final product. Amelia's foot is on top and John's foot is on the bottom. Note the upside-down Cowboys helmet on the newspaper below their feet, which is appropriate evidence of Dallas and it's Cowboys-crazy fans. I like the contrast of the masculine football helmet and the more feminine pink nail polish. Especially on my boy's feet.
I could not help but laugh at this post. My 4 year old Todd loves to have his toe nails painted (just like mine) and asks me all the time. Of course I have only actually painted them once for him. Kevin just shakes his head in bemusement.
ReplyDelete