Sunday, June 7, 2009

Recital

I love recital time! Today was Amelia's second dance recital, and it was beautiful. Sure, I admit that I complain about the endless practices the week before the performance (I mean, these little girls are five years old and just beginning to understand ballet - does it mean they need to practice their three minute recital dance FOUR times the week before the recital, twice at the studio and twice at the rehearsal hall?!?), but having been brought up around ballet I should be more sympathetic to the challenging task faced by the studio directors. It cannot be easy shepherding hundreds of young girls in tutus and lace through a lovely choreographed two hour performance.

So today was much fun, admittedly as much for for me as for Amelia. Amelia seemed to enjoy the recital and she did a great job. Mentally, she totally understands what's going on and she knew her dance well. And I think she looks just stunning in her costume (see for yourself below). Amelia declared that she wants to take ballet again next year, so we will hopefully get to enjoy her dancing yet again. I love my beautiful little ballerina!

Below is backstage before the performance. Amelia was so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment