This weekend was extra special for us because Scott's brother Shawn was in town for a visit. The children certainly enjoyed all of the extra attention they received from their uncle! Amelia and John wanted to take Uncle Shawn on a trolley ride, so on Saturday we enjoyed a slow ride on the trolley before going to a great burger place for lunch. We also had a lot of good playtime at home, both with toys inside as well as in the backyard. Below is a photo of John stomping on the whistle on the trolley.
And here is Uncle Shawn reading a story to the kiddos before bedtime.
Amelia and John in their "forts".
And last but not least, a somewhat crude post relaying a funny conversation I had with John Saturday morning.
John: (whining and pulling vigorously at his pajama bottoms) Mom, my bottom hurts.
Mom: (thinking that perhaps the root of the problem was a bathroom issue) Do you have to go potty?
John: No, that's not it. I think I need a snack. That will fix it.
Mom: (no words came out at first, I was in shock trying to figure out the logic here). Oh.
That was the end of the conversation as John got distracted by something else and two minutes later the pajama yanking stopped. That's my boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment